Friday, August 20, 2010

You live, you learn....

Well THIS was an unfortunate incident! After pouring the resin on a piece it is rather sticky and susceptible to dust. Therefore it is necessary to cover it with a box to protect it while it dries for a couple of days. Unfortunately for me, once I placed the cardboard box over top, the inside flap folded down and became one with the piece.....a union I wasn't to find out about until two days later when I wanted to peek at it and see how it was coming along. Needless to say I wasn't thrilled. I trimmed the box flap away as best I could and for days contemplated ways of incorporating the cardboard strip.....but alas I realized this one was a goner! It's too bad, I quite enjoyed how the image had taken shape. It was a learning experience. From this point on ward I always make a point to tape down the flaps on the inside. It's not a total loss. I still feel a fondness for this sad piece. It sits in the china cabinet in my living room, a reminder that, in everything we do, we are constantly learning.




No comments:

Post a Comment